• At 8:30 AM ET, the initial weekly unemployment claims report will be released. Initial claims were 206 thousand last week.
• Also, at 8:30 AM, Durable Goods Orders for November.
• Also, at 8:30 AM, Personal Income and Outlays for November. The consensus is for a 0.2% increase in personal income, and for a 1.0% increase in personal spending.
• At 10:00 AM, New Home Sales for November from the Census Bureau. The consensus is 766 thousand sales SAAR.
• Also, at 10:00 AM, University of Michigan’s Consumer sentiment index (Final for December).
From CR on COVID (mostly focus on hospitalizations and deaths, although new cases are rising rapidly):
COVID Metrics TodayWeek
AgoGoal Percent fully Vaccinated61.7%—≥70.0%1 Fully Vaccinated (millions)204.8—≥2321 New Cases per Day3🚩161,261118,855≤5,0002 Hospitalized3🚩61,29059,405≤3,0002 Deaths per Day3🚩1,2231,112≤502 1 Minimum to achieve “herd immunity” (estimated between 70% and 85%).
2my goals to stop daily posts,
37-day average for Cases, Currently Hospitalized, and Deaths
🚩 Increasing 7-day average week-over-week for Cases, Hospitalized, and Deaths
✅ Goal met.
Click on graph for larger image.
This graph shows the daily (columns) and 7-day average (line) of cases reported.
Leave a Reply